Croatia is definitely one of the most attractive tourist destinations in Europe. It has been attracting crowds from all over the world for years and there is nothing strange about it. Beautiful beaches, cloudless skies, sun and breathtaking architecture are some of the advantages that make you want to return to these unique regions, and not only during the holiday season. More and more people are considering settling in this country permanently. If you belong to this group, get to know the most beautiful places in Croatia today and decide which of them will be the best location for you.
The most beautiful towns in Croatia – choose the perfect area for permanent residence
Changing your place of residence is quite a challenge. Sometimes the decision is dictated by the need to find another job, and in some cases simply the desire to change the environment. Croatia is an excellent destination, perfect not only for holidays. Living on the coast or in the center of the country can bring many benefits. The daily opportunity to admire beautiful landscapes gives you a positive mood and improves your mood, and it is also a developed country in terms of infrastructure, which is extremely important for people who want to move often. The residents are friendly towards foreigners, hospitable and very helpful.
In addition, there is no shortage of jobs on the market, so you can also consider Croatia if you want to change industries or even work remotely. Speaking of earnings, this country is also friendly to entrepreneurs, so it offers plenty of opportunities to develop your own business.
An interesting fact is that many people who decided to move to Croatia can no longer imagine life in another country. However, it is very important to choose the right location, which should meet all expectations in every respect. So it all depends on our individual needs. Do we care about living close to the biggest tourist attractions, or maybe staying in the center of a city that has an interesting history? For some people, the only destination is to move to the capital of Croatia.
In the following part of the article we present the most beautiful cities in Croatia where it is worth living permanently, along with their most important advantages.
Zagreb – a capital worth living in
Croatia – the most beautiful places in Europe, monuments, architecture, landscapes. The list of advantages is endless, especially when we take into account the capital – the city of Zagreb, which is also the largest. This is the true heart of Croatia, where you can walk endlessly and admire its charming streets, churches and palaces.
Dubrovnik – Croatian port
Dubrovnik is one of the most popular Croatian cities with an interesting history, as it was a port center in the Middle Ages and at the same time a center of culture, education, science and art. The stunning empire is famous for its red brick buildings, which harmonize beautifully with the azure color of the sea.
Split – a city for nightlife lovers
When listing the most beautiful places in Croatia, the city of Split should certainly not be missing from the list. It is an ideal city to live in for people who like evening and night entertainment. Lots of bars, clubs and venues attract people who want to relax and at the same time take advantage of comfortable connections to the surrounding islands located in the Adriatic Sea.
Zadar – picturesque landscapes
Zadar is a Croatian city where you can find Roman ruins, beautiful temples and medieval architecture. Many people take advantage of the long coast here, where you can walk endlessly and relax with the sound of the waves in your ears, surrounded by picturesque landscapes.
Pula – a historic city
Pula is an ideal place for people who want to live in a historic area. There is a Roman amphitheater in the city center and numerous villages around where you can feel the scent of nature and relax, forgetting about everyday duties.
Trogir – a historic city worth getting to know
This is a city where you can endlessly admire sunrises and sunsets. It is a quiet area, so there are no crowds of tourists even during the season. Thanks to this, you can easily devote yourself to your professional duties and relax in your free time.
Omiš – the city of pirates
It is not without reason that many people rate the city of Omiš as the most beautiful place in Croatia. It is recommended primarily for people who like to spend their free time actively, e.g. windsurfing.
Makarska – picturesque coast
This is a place for people who do not have a negative attitude towards crowds of tourists, because there is no shortage of visitors during the holiday season. A large number of resorts encourage groups of friends and families with children to spend their holidays. The town is well connected to other cities and islands, and has a picturesque coastline and countless hiking trails.
We mediate in the sale of a two-story house in Central Dalmatia with a gross…For Sale
We mediate in the sale of a semi-detached house with an area of177m² on the…For Sale
We mediate in the sale of a detached house on the island of Čiovo with…For Sale
We mediate in the sale of a charming house on the island of Pag with…For Sale
For sale a fully furnished duplex apartment of 72m² with two terraces of 20m² and…For Sale
Islands – charming places worth living permanently
Croatia – beautiful places, and more specifically the above-mentioned cities, which are breathtaking. There is no doubt about it. But what about the islands? After all, they are considered the most charming places, which are also worth considering when planning a move to Croatia. Sometimes being cut off from the world and large metropolises is a perfect choice.
- Zlarin Island – an ideal destination for holiday travel and permanent residence, famous for its lush vegetation, sandy and endless beaches and coral fishing.
- The island of Murter– located in northern Dalmatia, covered with olive trees, ideal for people who love water sports.
- The island of Hvar– is a great place to live for fans of lavender, the scent of which spreads throughout the area. The island has a lavender field and many monuments, including the oldest municipal theater in Europe.
- Island Brač– a paradise island with port towns where you can work and relax all year round, and where lovers of diving, sunbathing and windsurfing will find plenty of entertainment.
- Vis Island– one of the less popular Croatian islands, located 50 km from Split. It delights with beautiful landscapes, azure water and sandy beaches. While living there, you can enjoy blissful peace and the sounds of nature.
- Korcula Island– the sixth largest island located in Central Dalmatia. It is famous for its many marinas, bays and prehistoric monuments.
Croatia – monuments worth seeing
Croatia has many monuments that cannot be missed. The list mainly includes:
- Diocletian’s Palace located in Split, where Emperor Diocletian lived. An extremely monumental building that was a real fortress.
- Old Town in Dubrovnik – the old town, which is one of the most beautiful in the world and is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- Cathedral of St. James in Šibernik – perfectly illustrating the combination of Gothic and Renaissance style.
- Euphrasian Basilica – this place is considered the most beautiful monument of Byzantine art in Europe, which delights with colorful mosaics decorating the entire interior.
Croatia – recommended places worth visiting
There are several beautiful places worth visiting in Croatia, regardless of how long our stay in this country lasts. These include:
- Krka National Park in Dalmatia, whose symbol is Lake Visovac. In its central point there is an island on which there is a Franciscan monastery.
- Fort Loverijenac, which illustrates the fortifications of Dubrovnik. It takes the form of city walls, which are located in a picturesque area surrounded by a rocky peninsula.
- Plitvice Lakes National Park – this is a place you definitely have to visit. In the area there are turquoise borderland lakes connected by caves and waterfalls, the view of which guarantees an unforgettable experience. This point on the Croatian coast is considered one of the most beautiful places in this region of Europe.
Of course, regardless of the place you choose, it is also worth finding a place that meets your expectations. A wide selection of recommendable proposals is available at Nestovia real estate agency, which offers countless offers willi, mieszkania and apartments for salethat are worth checking out. Everyone will certainly find their dream place to live in Croatia on the website, both in the center of large metropolises and on picturesque islands.
1. The most beautiful place in Croatia – what monuments are worth seeing?
The best places in Croatia worth visiting are, above all, the Cathedral of St. James in Šibernik, the Euphrasian Basilica, Diocletian’s Palace and the Old Town of Dubrovnik. All of them delight and remain in memory for a long time.
2. The best places in Croatia – which ones are worth visiting?
While in Croatia, it is definitely worth visiting the Krka National Park in Dalmatia, Fort Loverijenac and the Plitvice Lakes National Park, which are considered the most beautiful places in this part of Europe. They combine picturesque landscapes and allow you to be in close contact with beautiful nature.
3. Croatia tourist cities – which of them are worth considering if you want to move?
The most beautiful towns in Croatia worth living in permanently are Split, which is teeming with nightlife. The capital Zagreb, Dubrovnik, Zadar, the historic city of Pula and the historic metropolis of Trogir, or the picturesque coast of Makarska will certainly also be a great place to live.